Processing New Faculty Appointments
- Completed New Appointment Form or completed ER if already in system
- Chair’s Letter
- Copy of Offer letter
- MD License (if applicable)
- Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Form (I-9) Instructions
- Employer Code: 14726
- Copy of signed Social Security Card
- Completed University of Pittsburgh Residency Certification Form/Address Change
- Certificate of English Language Fluency
- Partial Month Pay Calculation (if applicable)
- Service Request (if past payroll deadline)
- 3-4 Reference Letters (tenure stream appointments only)
- Current curriculum vitae
- Supplemental Information Form
- Approved Position Request
- Completed University of Pittsburgh Affirmative Action Summary Form
- Justification Letter (if only one person interviewed for position)
*W-4 and Direct Deposit forms may be included or can be sent directly to Pitt’s Payroll Office.
NOTE: Appointments at the associate professor and professor levels require review by the appropriate School of Medicine appointments and promotions committee.
Faculty must be appointed with “visiting” prefix if committee review or position approval is pending.
THE COMPLETED EMPLOYEE RECORD (ER) MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH ORIGINAL AND ONE COPY OF ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION