Appointments & Promotions - Tenure Stream Faculty Information
Chair's Letter of Intent for Transfers Out of Tenure Stream
When transferring faculty from the tenure stream, the chair's letter must contain the following:
"Type A" - Temporary Transfer Out of Tenure Stream
- This temporary transfer out of the tenure stream has been mutually agreed upon by the faculty member and the department's faculty promotion and appointment committee. There must be a reasonable expectation of fulfilling tenure criteria during this time extension.
- The temporary transfer was precipitated by exceptional circumstances
- Description of designated plan to remove the circumstances which prevented the normal progress towards a tenure recommendation.
TYPE A ACTIONS REQUIRE THE AGREEMENT OF THE DEPARTMENTAL PROMOTION COMMITTEE AND THE WRITTEN CONCURRENCE OF THE FACULTY MEMBER
"Type B" - Permanent Transfer Out Of Tenure Stream
- The transfer is meant to be permanent.
- The major direction of the faculty member's activities substantially differ from faculty in the tenure stream.
- This decision was made in consultation with the department's faculty promotion and appointment committee and was discussed with the faculty member.
TYPE B ACTIONS REQUIRE THE AGREEMENT OF THE DEPARTMENTAL PROMOTION COMMITTEE