Procedure for Research Associate Recruitment Requests
The following procedure should be followed for requesting new and replacement faculty positions and new and replacement research associate positions.
- Memorandum requesting approval to establish a new Research Associate position or to request a replacement for an established position. The memo should be addressed to Dr. Dena Hofkosh, Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs, and should contain the following information:
- Action requested - new or replacement position, If replacement, include the name of the individual being replaced and the position number.
- Salary range
- Source(s) of funding. Include account numbers whenever possible.
- Description of job responsibilities
Note: Section II(A) Composition of Search Committee - Search committees should be comprised of at least 3 individuals (non-tenure stream) and membership should be broadly representative.
Text of classified advertisement(s) to be placed in journals or copy of published classified advertisement(s)
- Faculty Position Recruitment Request Form (if SOM/UPP)
The above information should be submitted to the Office of Faculty Affairs, M-246 Scaife Hall.