The following procedure should be followed for requesting new and replacement faculty positions and new and replacement research associate positions.
- Memorandum requesting approval to establish a new position or to request a replacement for an established position. The memo should be addressed to Dr. Ann E. Thompson, Vice Dean, and should contain the following information:
- Action requested - new or replacement position. If replacement, include the name of the individual being replaced and the position number
- Academic rank
- Tenure status (tenure, tenure stream, non-tenure stream)
- Salary range
- Source(s) of funding. Include account numbers whenever possible.
- Description of job responsibilities
- Time/Effort allocation (% teaching, % research, % clinical, etc.)
- Affirmative Action Pre-Audit Search Form
Note: Section II(A) Composition of Search Committee - Search committees should be comprised of at least 3 individuals (non-tenure stream) or 5 individuals (tenure and tenure stream) and membership should be broadly representative.
Note: Section II(C) Special Recruitment Resources - The Office of Faculty Affairs can provide contacts to assist with identifying, interviewing, and recruiting women and minority candidates.
- Text of classified advertisement(s) to be placed in journals or copy of published classified advertisement(s)
Note: Tenure and tenure stream positions require a national search and posting of advertisement in at least three journals.
- Faculty Position Recruitment Request Form (if SOM/UPP)
The above information should be submitted to the Office of Faculty Affairs, S528 Scaife Hall.